Wednesday, 26 October 2011
SuperNatural Courage
As 'Believers In Christ' it would make sense that one of the enemy's main thrusts against us would be unbelief. His strategies are simple and resemble his first approach to humanity in the Garden sowing the seeds of doubt saying, "Did God really say..? He also would dupe us into doubting the Goodness of God by getting us to feel and think that God was holding out on us....the very same lie that First Adam fell for. He knows the effects are devastating since we move from relational trust into a do it yourself program of self reliance under pinned by a life of avoiding evil and attempting to be good or earn good...the foundation of all religious systems. As Bill Johnson says, "form without power." We move from childlike trust and make loving God and being loved by God complicated and performance oriented.
Personally, I've had a recent encounter with Him that has made sense of the last 14 months of my life when I literally stepped out the boat by resigning from a very secure and comfortable position as National Sales Manager for Quiksilver and Roxy. God confirmed the decision very clearly one evening at Lundudno Beach, Cape Town, while watching the sun set and enjoying His Presence in May of 2010.
What made leaving Quiksilver very easy was a range of prophetic promises from people who know me and some who don't, all of which spoke very clearly of prosperity and blessing beyond comprehension and un-like anything I've ever known. Not spiritual prosperity, but clear direct words of superabundance related to business.
Anyway, by now you would think that after almost 30 years of history I have with walking in Him that I would know that such precious promises are often preceded by some of the most intense trial and or a period of waiting. Why is that? Is He just mean or do we live on a planet where we go through natural struggles as well as supernatural resistance from the enemy of our souls? You've judged correctly, it's surely the last two! To say the last 14 months have been hard would be an under statement, however time and inclination won't allow me to scribe the details.
Anyway, a prayer that I've uttered for almost three years now has helped me through and it's a revelation He gave me about Mary, the mother of our Lord. During her visitation from the angel who spoke of lofty things she never understood, instead of doubting her reply was simply this, "And Mary said, "Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word." And the angel departed from her. (Luke 1:38 ESV)
We're all familiar with the rest of the story; her reception of the Promise caused her to Conceive and she gave Birth to the Savior of the World. It's during this gestation period that we often falter since when one is pregnant with child there is an understanding of a nine month wait, however when we're pregnant with Promise we are often unsure of the timing of the manifestation from the supernatural realm into the natural. One thing is for sure, like Mary, it's His desire that we bring Him into the world in which we live. Oh what a marvelous thought!
So what happened recently that was so profound?
I switched on my iPhone and tried to listen to Disco Mystica for the hundredth time and for some reason it wouldn't play. Anyway, I went into artists and selected Fini de Gersigny and a preach from their Sydney Church called Jubilee titled 2010-01-17pm - Courage. The preach was hysterical as Fini read Numbers 13 under the effects of the Wine of God. You got to hear it for yourself, stunning stuff, Holy chaos breaking out in the meeting.....bring on the Ecstatic preachers!
The short story of the preach is stuff we've all known....how the 10 spies were dorks because they could only see giants and how they had a perception that they themselves were grasshoppers even in their own eyes. Also, how after Moses' death God says to Joshua, "Be strong and courageous, for you shall cause this people to inherit the land that I swore to their fathers to give them." (Joshua 1:6 ESV)
The preach was an encouragement to see again with the eyes of the heart and not with our natural eyes. As born again sons and daughters it's our birth right to see this invisible Kingdom since, "Jesus answered him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3 ESV). It's no wonder Paul prayed the following for the Ephesians: "having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, (Ephesians 1:18 ESV)
Right at the end of the preach, Isi de Gersigny prayed and broke this thing of condemnation and that's when the power of God whacked me in such a stunning way. Anyway laughed and sobbed simultaneously, something I only think is humanly possible in the Glory. I never realized just how much garbage I've been carrying and how I've been struggling because I've been looking at life with the eyes of my heart and with my natural eyes. This has caused obvious confusion at times and I've sometimes caught myself being preoccupied with everything that I'm not or not experiencing instead of being enamored with who He Is and what He's Promised and what He's already done! How is it that God can work through an iPod, and iPhone or any electronic device using words spoken over 18 months ago? For me I believe it’s because the ‘things of the Spirit’ are not governed by the laws of time and space and everything about Him and His Word is always in the Now.....that’s why He’s the God Who Was and Who Is and Who Is Coming. Everything related to Salvation is Today....Today...Today, go and have a look at Hebrews 3 and 4 and the references to David and Joshua....stunning stuff!
This wonderful encounter has come on the back of asking God for understanding since I've been confused by the dichotomy between the character of Him who is Goodness personified coupled with what He's Promised me versus my experiences or lack thereof. The revelation of truth and the way in which it pulled me into Encounter has reminded me of a dream I had in 1994 when in my sleep I cried out the following three times while in a dark nighttime battle scene: "I am a mighty man of valor!" The next day I had to look up what the word valor meant? Later that same morning Derek Andrews called me with a prophetic word in direct confirmation!
Where do we find this SuperNatural Courage? Like everything in the Christian walk it's a Gift and it's found in His Person. The Father has written Intimacy into the code of this walk: "I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.] (John 16:33 AMP)
What's our response? In Grace we Rest In Him who has overcome the world and then we also take courage from Him with a cheerful heart!
How often things related to the Kingdom come back time and time again to this issue of identity. It's only when we see ourselves the way He sees us do we have sufficient courage to walk on water. It's one thing to step out the boat, but it's another thing walking on water. Another aspect related to this thing of spiritual sight is seeing life from His perspective. On the surface some would say we're delusional since at face value the odds are often stacked against us. For me, I've made the choice and it's this: I have nothing else but to carry His promises and be a conduit for an advancing Kingdom. Everything else pales by comparison because we were designed for this Glory.
Eat, dear friends! Drink and get drunk on love! (Song of Solomon 5:1 CEB)
Greg Swart
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.